You will be able to claim my services if your NDIS plan is plan managed or self-managed.
We are all on our own unique journey and I am passionate in assisting and empowering you to strive, be your best self and live your best life.
Please contact me so we can discuss your goals and see how I can support you.
Amreeta Stara works in collaboration with Nomad Behaviour Specialist https://www.behaviournomads.com
Supports delivered adheres to the NDIS Code of Conduct.
First Aid & Police Clearance ✅
To assist participants improve through a holistic approach. Services include a holistic integration of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), mindfulness skills, mindfulness meditation, relaxation and behavioural techniques to help overcome barriers and create positive changes through mindful values-based living.
My services are open to adults, children and adolescents.
Includes: Identifying struggles and barriers, connecting to your values and goals, using mindful skills and tools to rise above your circumstances and limitations and start living a rich, full and meaningful life.
Mindfulness or mindfulness meditation is a great way to relax, unhook from stress or unwanted thoughts and simply be in the present moment. There are many ways to practice mindfulness-meditation focusing on breathing, thoughts, visual, sensory, walking, sound, chants, games etc...
There is nothing religious about mindfulness. It simply about shutting out the outside world and being in the present moment which is what we all need as human beings.
Many find it easier to be calm and regain control over their thoughts and emotions after practising mindfulness-meditation. Some find it helpful with sleeping, thinking and focusing on less ruminating thoughts throughout the day.
It is shown to enhance the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for human behaviour, and interrupt the primitive areas of the brain that initiates and coordinates the unconscious primitive stress reaction throughout the brain and body. Brain imaging techniques have revealed that meditation profoundly changes the way different regions of the brain communicate with each other and therefore how we think. It has been scientifically proven to reprogram your brain. The physical and subtle effects have been life changing for many. Some have had great results with the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Sessions are tailored to suit participants preference and level, either one on one or in groups. Parents and carers are more than welcomed to participate.
Our group sessions are a great way to come back to self, develop social skills, interact & have fun, enhance coping mechanism using peer support while participating in different mindful activities and learning mindful values based behavioural skills.
Our sessions are conducted by Amreeta Stara, (mindfulness, ACT specialist & transformational Coach) as well as Nomad Behavioural Specialist, (Board Certified Behavioural Analyst) to provide participants with a safe, relaxing and beneficial experience.
Working 1:1 or in groups with parents and carers, providing profound strategies and techniques to help them:
- identify and overcome their barriers and challenges,
- identify antecedents that lead to unhelpful responses and work out replacement strategies to support them in implementing strategies to support them in their parenting / carer role,
- consistently and mindfully maintain a positive mindset and approach in order to achieve behavioural goals set for their child with ease,
- add resilience and integrity in implementing strategies recommended by the child’s behaviour analyst to move toward the goals for their child,
- develop psychological flexibility using ACT strategies to identify behaviour patterns that move away from their child's needs, release their own limited beliefs, emotions and patterns to enhance their role as a conscious parent,
- consciously, positively and effectively communicate with their child to co-create a positive and reinforcing lifestyle with their loved ones despite their circumstances.
“A conscious parent understands that there is no perfect parent, child or person, that we are all on our journey to learn skills and become the best version of ourselves, accepts and respects their child as a whole person with their own journey that can help us as parents evolve and transform, accepts their current circumstances and is committed to consciously create positive changes through mindful values-based living.”
Amreeta Stara works hand in hand with Nomad Behaviour Specialist to provide you with the best.